This privacy statement is provided by Monro Ltd. for the information of visitors (“you” or “your”) to its website. Monro Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy statement explains how Monro uses the information collected about you and how you can instruct Monro if you prefer to limit the use of that information. In these terms, “third parties” means persons, firms or companies that are not subsidiary or associated or joint venture companies of Monro Ltd. By placing an order on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Who We Are
This website is controlled by Monro Ltd.
Office address: Monro Ltd, Interlink Way South, Interlink Park, Bardon, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 1PG
Telephone number: 01530 278000
INFORMATION GATHERED BY Monro Ltd.
- When you request information or services on Monro Ltd.’s web site(s), you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, address etc. Monro Ltd. may also collect information about you from emails or letters that you send to Monro Ltd. or from telephone calls with you.
- The information that you provide enables Monro Ltd. to supply you with further information about Monro Ltd.’s company, products, services. It also helps Monro Ltd. to contact you if you have requested further information or logged an enquiry.
- Monro Ltd. may on occasion, collect additional information from any offers that you may request through the website.
- Monro Ltd. may also use collected information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and its services and it may also provide such information to third parties. You cannot be personally identified by this information.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 Monro Ltd. is not required to notify the Data Protection Commissioner about information that may be obtained about individuals.
Cookies are small amounts of information that we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details, Monro Ltd.’s system may issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow Monro Ltd. to monitor website traffic and to personalise site content for you. A cookie will not allow a website operator to obtain information of a personal nature that will identify you to us, such as your name and address. Monro Ltd. will only be aware of such information if you provide the information, or if you have set the preferences in your browser to provide this information automatically. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Monro Ltd. site. You can withdraw you consent to the use of the cookie at any time.
DISTRIBUTION OF DATA
- Any information that is gathered from visitors to our website is used by us and possibly third parties unless you send us an email as mentioned in paragraph 12.
- If our business or any part of the business is sold or integrated with another business your data and information may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and may be passed on to the new owners of the business or relevant part of the business who may use such data and information for the various purposes given in this privacy statement.
- By visiting Monro Ltd.’s web site(s), you consent to the use of your information as set out in this privacy statement. Monro Ltd. may change its privacy statement at any time. If Monro Ltd. changes its privacy statement, it will post the changes on this website, so that you may be aware of the information it collects and how Monro Ltd. uses it at all times. Monro Ltd. will also contact you should it make any changes so that you may have the opportunity to object to the changes so far as they relate to your data and information.
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, there is a possibility that your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your information to us you consent to these transfers.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will enable Monro Ltd. to supply the goods you have requested. It will also enable Monro Ltd. to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. Monro Ltd. will also use and analyse the information collected to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
Monro Ltd. will not be held liable for any breach of security not caused by Monro Ltd.’s negligence which results in loss to the consumer.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask Monro Ltd. to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to Monro Ltd. at the address in paragraph 1. Monro Ltd. is entitled by law to charge a fee to meet its costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information you provide to Monro Ltd. will be held on its computers in the UK and accessed by or given to its staff working within the UK. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on its behalf. Monro Ltd. will only disclose this information to third parties for the purposes of validating your credit card.
- Unless required to do so by law, Monro Ltd. will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to Monro Ltd. without your consent.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
If you request Monro Ltd. to remove your information from its databases or you wish Monro Ltd. to amend or change the information held about you on its database, Monro Ltd. will remove or amend any such information on your request. Such requests should be made by email to email@example.com or by letter to the address in paragraph 1 .
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
Monro Ltd. employs security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Monro Ltd. will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
CONTACT Monro Ltd.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how Monro Ltd. runs its website or your dealings with Monro Ltd. please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The terms of this privacy statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.